articles | gallery of plants | blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0

First open-source seeds released!

International Garden Photographer of the Year winners

Many gardeners attribute success to luck, not skill

Big, old trees make great carbon sinks

Tomato gene tweaked to lengthen growing season

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Bumps on Grape Leaves?

Hi Everyone,
This year an elderly neighbor donated grapes to our garden. He gave us four
new cuttings, just sticks without roots.  The cuttings seem to be taken very
well, although I believe the elderly man has been coming by and watering
them a bit too much.

One of the plants have small bumps on its leaves.  I noticed yesterday that
there is a white substance on the inside of the bumps on the underside of
the leaves.

Do you have any suggestions on what this is, what it is caused from and how
to fix it?  Also, do you know of any good companion plants for grapes.

Thanks for your help!
Stephanie Powers
ARROW Community Garden and Center
Astoria, New York