Dry/wet cycles help pitcher plants catch more prey

Japan funds Samoa for cut flower and perfume research

Light colors can boost greenhouse production

Long-term nitrogen use affects future nitrogen uptake

Scientists in Japan replace oil with plant biomass

Bladderwort evolves well because it has more genes

RSS story archive

Bumps on Grape Leaves?

Hi Everyone,
This year an elderly neighbor donated grapes to our garden. He gave us four
new cuttings, just sticks without roots.  The cuttings seem to be taken very
well, although I believe the elderly man has been coming by and watering
them a bit too much.

One of the plants have small bumps on its leaves.  I noticed yesterday that
there is a white substance on the inside of the bumps on the underside of
the leaves.

Do you have any suggestions on what this is, what it is caused from and how
to fix it?  Also, do you know of any good companion plants for grapes.

Thanks for your help!
Stephanie Powers
ARROW Community Garden and Center
Astoria, New York