articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Sony scientist 3D-prints gardens

Inside theft of world's rarest water lily

Ash borers targeting other ash family members

Record-setting 2096-lb pumpkin grown in Switzerland

16 year-old girls increase crop production 74%

First open-source seeds released!

RSS story archive

Designed, hosted, & managed by

Horticultural Software Solutions™

Bumps on Grape Leaves?

Hi Everyone,
This year an elderly neighbor donated grapes to our garden. He gave us four
new cuttings, just sticks without roots.  The cuttings seem to be taken very
well, although I believe the elderly man has been coming by and watering
them a bit too much.

One of the plants have small bumps on its leaves.  I noticed yesterday that
there is a white substance on the inside of the bumps on the underside of
the leaves.

Do you have any suggestions on what this is, what it is caused from and how
to fix it?  Also, do you know of any good companion plants for grapes.

Thanks for your help!
Stephanie Powers
ARROW Community Garden and Center
Astoria, New York