From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 9:58 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] fern id

Well, Theresa, having a memory like a sieve, I can't recall where you
are...know I know it, but it won't come to the brain.  Anyway, if you
get any frost and it returns, it's not a rabbit foot...they don't
take frost as far as I know.

I put up some scans of my fern when I was trying to ID it...page is
still up there if you want to take a peek to see if your fern
resembles mine.

http://mtalt.hort.net/temp/fern-id.html

Consensus on fernet  is that it is Davallia trichomanoides.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Theresa- yahoo <tchessie@yahoo.com>
>
> Thanks Marge-
> I have a fern which may or may not be the same variety as yours, it
did fine
> last summer under a large tree in my front yard, and did get very
late
> afternoon sun for maybe 2 hours.  I'll be looking to see if it
makes a
> comeback this year.  (If I move some of the leaves out of the way,
I'd