Re: Spring is here!

Hello Donna,
    Good luck with the Brise d'Anjou polmonium... I have tried that one
twice. three plants each time. One locally purchased, one from catalog.
Longest record for being alive is about 8 months ... mostly over winter.
What ever it needs, I do not have that (something like my ex wife's
attitude;-)) I had mine with 'Brunette' Cimicifuga, shrubs, ferns, hosta
etc.
    Hummmm... not big on spring plants.... there are so many native and non
native plants that are ephemeral or early blooming for shade. No end to the
selection, really. And spring yo-you weather seldom has any, if at all,
effect on them. Especially the natives. Pulmonaria, or lungwort, is hardy
into zone 4. Have you tried those? How about 'Red Start'?? Soft felted green
foliage with silver spots and salmon-red blooms. In bloom here now with
Primula juliana Early Girl.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com