Re: Spring is here!

In a message dated 04/03/2003 9:07:21 PM Central Standard Time,
gardenqueen@gbronline.com writes:

When I was at Walmart today I got a bunch of white wave petunias to put
around some roses I put next to where my neighbors are putting in a new
picket fence.  I moved two of the roses, David Austin "Colette," (a huge mama
and a baby), and they are doing beautifully.  I always kill alyssum because I
forget to water it enough in the summer -- anyway, it always disappears so I
thought I'd try the petunias because they don't mind the heat of the neglect
that's sure to come.  I know they'll at least get watered weekly because
that's how often I soak the roses.  We'll see how it turns out.

Kitty, I was delighted to hear of your Bergenia success.  It gives me hope
that they really do have flowers like the ones in the pictures.  I was
beginning to believe they were foliage only, and the flowers were just
fiction. :-) My heartiest congratulations!

zone 7
West TN