Re: watering practices

I water when I can on the theory that the plants need water and will
take it any time they can get it....works so far:-)

Considering that rain can fall any time of the day or night, I've
always considered the advice to water at this or that time of day "or
else" to be hogwash.  Yes, water can evaporate on a hot afternoon,
but the cooling down this provides for foliage in my climate is
beneficial.

So, I say, water when your plants need a drink:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty Morrissy <kmrsy@earthlink.net>
>
> Josh and Jim,
> You both raise good points about watering.  Personally, I did not
agree
> with the article either, just brought it up to see what others
thought.
> Even if their results could be transferred for us to our in-ground
gardens,
> who the heck wants to water their garden 3 times a day, every day?
>
> Watering in the morning vs afternoon usually limits evaporation.
Watering