Re: watering practices

I water when I can on the theory that the plants need water and will
take it any time they can get it....works so far:-)

Considering that rain can fall any time of the day or night, I've
always considered the advice to water at this or that time of day "or
else" to be hogwash.  Yes, water can evaporate on a hot afternoon,
but the cooling down this provides for foliage in my climate is

So, I say, water when your plants need a drink:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :