Re: Small victories

Dan,
Well, at least you have the comfort of knowing they went to good homes! ;+)
The Wisteria I can understand, but these Bergenias had had me puzzled.
I've decided sun is the answer for me - and perhaps the choice of species.
I had no luck with B. cordifolia.  The first B. purpurascens (syn:
delavayi) produced no flowers in 1/2 shade.  The B. purpurascens that is
about to bloom is in sun, but has a bit of shade at the hottest time of
day.  Maybe you should give it another shot.

Kitty