moving plants and grow lights

Well, today was a day to rearrange some plants!  I have had a blue hibiscus
standard that I've been planning on planting for weeks now, so I go it
placed in a front garden bed.  Moved an azalea of unknown color out of that
bed and put it under the front tree (where I had moved two others almost 2
years ago when we moved into this house and they are thriving now).  I also
moved the camelia from the back garden to be under the front tree (thought
it would grow into a tall shrub, but apparently it is a short variety).  And
moved the pathetic excuse for a gardenia from a front perennial bed to the
back where the camelia was.  Hopefully it will be happier out back, because
it clearly hated it's previous home, dropped leaves, yellow leaves, and
generally looked worse and worse.  It may be too late and it might just
croak, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.  I had tried everything
imaginable to help it before moving it, so this is it's last chance!
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way every thing looks now.  The front bed
under the tree is more balance with the two extra shrubs in it.  And if the
gardenia dies, then I can go ahead and get that strawberry tree I've been
wanting!

Tomorrow I've got to get my peas picked! Transplant a couple more tomatos
outside, and rig up a couple of teepees for cucumbers, squash and melons to
grow up.  Also need to plant out some peppers, transplant several flower
starts from under my grow light.

Speaking of the grow light, it does seem to help some, but seedlings still
get leggy if you don't get them outside soon enough.  Does anyone have
experience with HID or those sodium lights?  How do there work for
seedlings?

Theresa