Richs storm

Rich, how bad is your storm at this point?  What is predicted?  We are
receiving a blur of very large snowflakes, strong winds from the East (this
is always a bad indicator) but it is still warm enough to be melting as it
hits the ground.  Weatherman says between 5 - 12."
    My husband had cleaned the snowblower and moved to storage at our off
site garage last week and moved the lawn mower home.  After church today he
made a quick retrieval of the snow blower.
    My oldest granddaughter was scheduled for AllState Speech competition at
Univ of Northern Iowa early tomorrow morning.  Her family was going to go
this afternoon as it is a several hrs drive.  It has been canceled already
with no reschedule.  What a disappointment for her as she is a senior.
    This adds to the earlier discussion about weird weather.  Record was set
last week with 87 deg weather & a snow storm a few days later.  We have set
more records this year than one can believe.
    This could pretty much take care of a lot of plants.  My Royal Star
Magnolia is in full glory.  I wrapped a couple small Jap maples, Daphna
'Carol Mackie", Magnolia Butterflies and Cornus florida 'Cherokee Chief'
(minus all its buds by the deer) in burlap as they are first winter
plantings.  I had not cleaned the beds as I reminded my self it was only
April.
    I am scheduled to give a container garden program tomorrow evening for  a
garden club south of Des Moines.  If I can make the trip I am not sure the
weather will be warm enough to transport plants in and out.
    Keep us updated on your weather, please.
        Ceres, Iowa zone 4/5