RE: Tx. skies

Chris,
These are Fritillaria raddeana - much like an F. imperialis, but a bit
shorter, softer-colored, and smell nicer.  One was about a foot; the other
about 16 inches. They had buds on them.  If the snow is heavy, it could
break them.  They're lovely and expensive and I didn't want to miss seeing
them in bloom this season.  Some of my other frits, (uva vulpis, hermonis
var amana) are up, but they're short ones, not quite so sensational and I
think they could endure.  I like them, but am not as concerned.  Also have
assyriaca, camschatcensis, meleagris, and pallidiflora.  But raddeana is my
favorite.

Kitty