Re: Indian spice

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this...
Not some type of curry.  The Curry spice is actually a mixture of several
different spices, rather than just one......or so I have been told and read.
Made the mistake some years ago and bought a curry plant thinking that it was
THE curry....but it isn't.

My Indian friend said that it was in the Neem family....or I should say, the
same family as the well known Neem tree.  She said that they call it sweet
Neem where she is from, but said that in southern India where the plant and
spice is more common, it is probably called something different since they
speak a different language than where she is from.

She did tell me that she was going to ask around and see if anyone knows the
botanical name.  So will let you all know....unless someone has an idea??
Did a search but only came up with the bitter type Neem, the tree, not shrub.

Thanks.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast