RE: now what survives in wet..Berms

Yep, been thinking and doing that for the last couple of years. Just
would hate to loose the trees that finally are providing some shade :)

I lost the button bush the first winter. I thought it could stand the
wet area that was not bermed. (is that a word?)...  I planted another
one last spring, in not quite such a wet area, not sure if it made it
yet this year. I also planted one in my pond... will see how that does.
It really liked it there last summer...

As my gardening knowledge grows.. (everyone take a bow for helping
me!)... I am learning to plant things that like the conditions I have...
rather than plants that I like, but don't have a chance in..... to
survive. Ok- I do push that issue still a bit too much.... :)

And then there is this darn crab apple tree (duh can't remember which
one) that last year did not have but one leaf on it... and that survived
the winter... but appears it is not going to have any leaves this year
either. I can not for the life of me figure out how it survived, nor why
it does that! Everyone from a distance says it's got to be dead... but
they bend the branches, and nope. Not dead :)

Donna