Re: now what survives in wet..Berms

Interesting. My references tell me that they can grow with roots submerged, but that may be after they are somewhat established. Mine are doing fine in the swamp, but its just mucky, not standing water where they are. Something else that tolerates it pretty wet is Itea virginica, but it would probably not want to be actually sitting in water. Magnolia virginiana also enjoys my swamp. This far north it is a shrub rather than a tree.
Cathy