RE: now what survives in wet..Berms

See that is exactly what I thought too Cathy. The button bush really was
not in standing water, just wet all the time. Maybe in spring during the
wet season have standing water for at the most a day. I did check it
during the dry season, but it always remained moist there. I thought it
would love it there! It was replaced with honeysuckle and pussy willows
and they don't seem to mind it at all. I may have made another mistake
with the pussy willows... looks like they may take over the world:(

I am curious if the one in the pond will make it... need some warmer
weather here! Anyone else grow it? Would love to hear just where they
feel comfortable at... and prosper.

Funny you should mention Itea virginica... I planted one last spring. I
didn't think it liked wet...just moist. Might have it in the wrong

I gave up on magnolia anything... seems just as it is about to bloom..
here comes the frost!