RE: Artemesia 'Limelight

Whenever I saw Artemesia 'Oriental Limelight', it was short.  Finally
bought a start and found it got tall like A. 'Guizhou' (pron: Gwee-Joe) I
like it better cut short like Ceres does.  In the past we had a discussion
about cultivar names being changed for marketing purposes.  This is a good
example.  Its real name is Artemesia vulgaris 'Janlim'.
Here's more from MOBOT:

General Culture:

Best grown in poor to moderately fertile, dry to medium wet, well-drained
soils in full sun. Excellent soil drainage is essential for growing this
plant well. Does poorly in moist to wet soils where plants are susceptible
to root rot. Plant stems tend to lodge (fall) in summer, especially if
grown in fertile soils and/or part shade. General foliage decline commonly
occurs in high humidity summer climates such as the St. Louis area. If
foliage declines or stems flop in summer, plants may be sheared to
revitalize. ORIENTAL LIMELIGHT is reported to be less invasive than the

Noteworthy Characteristics:

ORIENTAL LIMELIGHT is noted for its yellow and green variegated foliage. It
is a generally upright cultivar that typically grows in a mounded clump
2-3' tall and as wide, but may spread further in the garden by rhizomes.
Finely-dissected, variegated leaves are lemon yellow splashed with green.
Leaves are aromatic when bruised. The tiny, somewhat inconspicuous,
whitish, discoid flower heads (rays absent) which appear in dense panicles
at the stem ends in summer have little ornamental value. Species is a
green-leaved, somewhat weedy perennial that is native to Europe, but has
naturalized as a roadside weed throughout much of the eastern and
Midwestern United States including Missouri. The species is commonly called
mugwort. Species plants were used in Europe to flavor beer before the use
of hops. Species plants also have a long history of folk medicine uses for
treatment of a variety of medical impairments including intestinal worms
(hence the other common name of wormwood). 'Janlim' is the cultivar name of
this plant, however it is being marketed for sale under the trade name of

Foliage may decline and plant stems may flop in summer. This cultivar is
reportedly less susceptible to flop than the species. Susceptible to root
rot in moist soils, particularly poorly drained ones.

Variegated yellow and green foliage provides excellent contrast to
flowering plants and green foliage in borders and herb gardens. Good
selection for areas with poor dry soils.