Re: Re: Japanese Hepaticas

Marge Talt wrote:

Jim, I have some.  Have, in fact, a Japanese one (H. asiatica var.
japonica) I got from Asiatica a couple of years ago.  It seemed to be
doing fine in one bed, but was getting overlaid by other plants, so I
moved it to another bed where I have H. acutiloba and H. americana,
who seemed quite happy.  Well, the deer got in last year and stepped
on it.  It is still living, but not real happy about life.  The
others have bloomed and seem fine; foliage a bit ragged after this
awful winter.

So, I say, go for it.  Get some.  Give them a good dollop of leaf
mold when you plant and good light.
I wonder if good light for me is 'good light' for you. Do you mean
full sun at high summer mid-day ?
[For those not aware, I live about 15 miles due south of Marge.]
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA