Re: Artemesia 'Limelight' NOW Mugwort

Well, Zem, there are lots of plants who are a menace in some gardens
and can hardly be kept alive in others.  I had a lady in the PNW
write to me once about Arum italicum taking over her garden.  Could
hardly believe it, but the folks on Aroid-L confirmed that it can be
aggressive in the PNW, whereas most of us only wish it would grow
faster:-)

Mugwort is a thug - travels underground via strong white roots, any
tiny bit of which will grow a new plant.  That's why I'm keeping my
eye on 'Limelight' as it is the same species:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
>
> So far mine has not traveled.  Maybe this is yet another example of
a plant
> that's invasive in some places and not in others.  Several years
ago I bought
> a plant labeled as "woodland poppy."  It has turned out the be "the
plant
> from hell" -- sends out fleshy, orange runners all over the place.
I'd have