Re: Yahoo! Briefcase: tchessie's file(s)- mystery plant going to bloom

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Yahoo! Briefcase: tchessie's file(s)- mystery plant going to bloom
  • From: Zemuly@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 21:07:42 EDT

In a message dated 04/14/2003 4:41:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

Oh, Lord, is that what that "stuff" is?  My yard is literally full of Stars
of Bethlehem.  They never get a chance to bloom, except in isolated instances
in the flower beds.  They are pretty to look at but murder on a lawn mower. <
LOL> I always have to mow before they bloom because there are so many other
things growing that get really big really fast -- like chickweed, lespedeza
and vetch.  As I have said before, I don't really have a lawn just a pasture
I try to keep cut.  Sometimes I think I'd be better off with a hay baler.
zem
zone 7
West TN