Re: Billbergia nutans

I planted mine in potting soil with vermiculite added. Would they resent that? Should I put them in orchid mix instead?

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 07:36 PM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

Off hand, I think it is Bilbergia nutans. Anyway, just wanted to add that
this particular bromeliad is one of the epiphytes and can grow on bark,
trees, etc. without soil at all. It does not gain it's nutrients or water
through the soil, as Theresa mentioned by watering from top. Mine are
growing in the crook (forks?) in the trees. They are very hardy here in zone
9 also....blooming in cooler weather. Here they bloom Oct- May.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 4/16/2003 11:02:35 AM Central Standard Time,