Re: roses--blackspot

Is there a noticeable sour milk odor?

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 04:34 AM, Melody wrote:

Pam: Last year a couple of the folks on the old list gave me an organic
solution for blackspot that really did seem to help...MILK! I am going
to be resuming my milk spraying program here shortly, as soon as I am
done pruning all my roses. You dilute the milk with water in your
sprayer and spray the entire plant, including underneath the leaves, as
well as the ground all around the rose bush. I used about a 1/4 strength
dilution (1 part milk to 3 parts water)...doesn't matter what kind of
milk (skim, 2%, whole). Don't know why it worked, it just seemed to do
the trick where commercial sprays didn't seem to help much.

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein