From: Melody <mhobertm@excite.com>
Sent: 04/17/03 03:35 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: < now Seamus

> Kitty: I do hope your Seamus gets to feeling perkier soon...poor kitty
cat! Now are the other two positive for this disease or are you still
waiting on their test results? Sounds like this bartonellosis is quite
the serious thing...best of luck to you and your furry pals with it! And
yes, our pup is getting to be quite a good size...had her at the vet for
the current round of puppy vaccinations and she weighed in at 48.5
pounds at 16 weeks...started out at 19 pounds at 9 weeks so she has
doubled her weight in 7 weeks time. But this is what we wanted...a big
dog who is noticeable around the neighborhood for her size and she's got
quite a loud bark...she is quite attentive to the goings on around her
and already is good at letting us know when someone is coming around. A
few more months of growing and training and she'll be ready to take over
doing my worrying for me when I'm at home with just me and the
kids...And I need to teach her the difference between a garden spot s

he needs to stay out of and an acceptable place for her to be tramping
about in...any body got any suggestions for that one I'd appreciate
hearing about it! Thanks!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein