Re: and the rains came

Jim - sounds like your rainy season is the exact opposite of ours. We
actually got 3/4" today - first we've had in over a month. We might get
some in May and then nothing to speak of until late September in a
normal year. We either get ten times as much as we need or nothing. So
today was a real treat and I still got to work out in the yard most of
the day. Finally making some headway w/ dandelions and St. Augustine
grass. Barely holding my own w/ &^%!$! Bermuda. I must have been cussing
it today, when Pat got home from getting her hair cut I was fussing and
pulling w/ both hands. She laughed and said she understood completely. I
did a trial today on the new blackspot rememdies that were suggested. I
had some leftover pancake batter this morning and thought, well Tony
said Bisquick and Melody said milk, so I poured that in the sprayer,
added water and used that on the problem children. That's all pancake
batter is really, Bisquick and milk. One thing I did notice is it makes
the leaves so shiny, they almost look fake. Interesting. I'll try that
for a couple weeks and let you know how it works out. I did some of the
less troublesome ones w/ Neem, sort of a control group. All the summer
bulbs are sprouting and all roses are blooming now.

Just gorgeous. Killed the first 6 legged vampire today too (skeeters).
Will have to dig my Bug Guard out, especially since it has some sun
block capabilities too. (See Jesse, I can be taught)

I hope everyone had a great day in the garden!
Happy Easter to all!