August Beauty Gardenia

Is any one growing Gardenia jasminoides "August Beauty"?  I'm having lots of
yellowing leaves on a plant given to me by a neighbor.  It's getting full
sun, in a 12" plastic pot, rich potting soil with added compost; watered to
keep it moist.  I googled it, and discovered that it needs iron and so have
adjusted the fertilizing.

Since this gentleman sees this plant daily, and it's the only one with a
yellow leaf problem, I'd like to solve the problem so he doesn't think I'm
neglecting it.  It is covered with buds (so far, no bud drop), and it will
be a beautiful thing when the flowers open, providing it doesn't loose all
its leaves first!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scottie