RE: aviary< garden update

Wow David- sounds like your hibs are a booming success!  Congrats- couldn't
happen to nicer guy.  I have employment envy of you.  I swear if I win the
Publisher's clearing house sweepstakes, I'm moving to your neck of the woods
and I'll volunteer to water your hibs and listen to music in the green
house.  ( I really do not it's not all fun- I just really loved working in a
nursery what seems like eons ago).  Your garden sounds wonderful.  I'm so
please with my roses this year.  Everything looks so lush and the flowers
are huge!  I also have converted to only organic fertilizers last year and
am still working on eliminating all pesticides ( in desperation last year I
did use some Sevin dust).  So, I'm trying anyway.  I have noticed that I've
got tons of earthworms this year.  Also, my bee experiment continues, the
california bees have hatched and I see them in the garden.  I'm hoping they
will lay their eggs in my nest and make more for next year.  I've also got
blueberries coming and my tomatoes/tomatillos have blooms on them.  Also the
new purple asparagus I planted is starting to come up.  The snow peas are
about done (too hot) and so is the spinach.    The mystery plant is starting
to bloom- I'll post a picture this weekend when a few more buds should be
open.  Also blooming are cornflower, azalea, several salvias, sticky
monkeyflower, euphorbia, flowering maple (can't recall it's real name right
now), aclepias is starting to bloom, an iris or two, calla lilies, a dahlia
(planted last year and finally got around to blooming), and my pyracantha
looks fantastic!  I'm so thrilled with this plant- just covered in blooms
and just think in fall all those yellow berries!  I think my calicarpa
didn't make it through the winter- seems dead to me- but we'll leave it and
hope for a miracle.  Can't think of anything else blooming right now.

Theresa

P.S.  David- I found extra window stickers.  If you want them I'll drop them
in the mail to you.  Just send me your address off-list.