From: Chris
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: 4/23/2003 2:04 PM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] odds and ends

Hi everybody!

I've been outside trying to finish the fall and winter clean up!  It's
only about 55 degrees and the wind is blowing!  I'm taking a break to
warm up a bit before venturing out again. I carefully sprayed Roundup on
a small area where I want to plant daylilies.  It's all grass right now.
The directions say that it works best at 60 degrees or more, but I'm
desperate!  I hope to own a Honda mini tiller by tomorrow and then I'll
till that area.  Does anybody know if you have to kill the grass first?
I thought that if I till, plant and then mulch well, I might not have to
first do the Roundup thing.  What do you all say?

Just purchased Scrophularia auriculata 'Variegata", figwort, at Home
Depot.  The tag says: large evergreen crinkled foliage splashed with
cream.  Tiny wine-red flowers July -August. 2' sun/ part shade, zone 5.
Do any of you grow it?

http://www.joycreek.com/231-001.htm

  Chris
Long Island, NY