Re: Cypress gardens

well, cypress gardens had at least three distinct personnas--in one area, it was a legitimate botanic garden, not great but better than many i've seen; in another area it was a collection of tacky shops amid big, wire-framed animals covered with ivy; and sort of separating these two venues was a moronic water ski show [watching someone else water ski is a lot like watching paint dry]. when they had a special show, such as the begonia show, they hung them in baskets and planted them in urns among the shops. the shops area also had a butterfly house, which was nice but small, and what was billed as a colonial garden--which i think was used for weddings and such.