RE: Chemical shelf life now and runner plants and weather

your sale sounds like a great success, donna.

At 01:47 PM 4/27/03 -0500, you wrote:
Well Jim, gotta give her a break-- Us Northerns just got started
gardening and we all have been in the sun too long- backs hurting, hands
bleeding :)

How did the sale go Kitty? Our's was overwhelming this year. Local Times
paper gave us Garden section front page story along with add on
columns... boy did we have a crowd! It was one of those days when just
as you got back from running to the greenhouse to get this kind... now
you are out of that kind :(... (the greenhouse is 15 miles away from the
sale area for those wondering)

I spend the last few hours digging out runner type plants here at home.
How deep do you all think I would have to place a barrier to keep them
from expanding into where I do not want them to be? Seems this year
everyone wants to wander:( they all seem to be within 3 to 4 inch of the
soil line, but wondering if they would go deeper than 6 inch if
something was blocking it. I am referring to what is called here as
local tansy and gooseneck. I have never figured out what tansy it is...
if the leaf is right, then the flower is wrong :( ... and my mind went
blank when I went to type what gooseneck it is...

Also noticed how dry the soil is... really dry here. Rich & Ceres - rain
on the way soon? I don't ever remember having to water in the spring
here... I am usually worried about something drowning.

Break times over :)
Donna

> Behalf Of Island Jim
> don't know the answers to your questions, but if the stuff doesn't
work, i
> think i'd throw it away.
>
> At 09:54 AM 4/27/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >I understand that most garden chemicals have a shelf life and if not
> >specifically stated, you should replace them after about  3 years.
But
> >what about Insecticidal Soap?  Do its properties diminish after
opening?