Re: Re: Re: runner plants

Donna,
Amazing! Most people I know, MGs included, are surprised that most of my
plants are marked. This is a very recent measure I've taken as memory
and words have begun to fail me. I find it reassuring. The labels are
more visible in the spring, but once things leaf out, many are hidden
under the plants. If I had property as large as you, I'm sure I'd lose
track of some things if I didn't label them!

I have no pre-set notions of what a garden *should* be, mine included. I
have an area along the north side that's a hodge podge of wait and see.
I admire traditional gardens just as much as the carefree, country type;
I'd love to have the space for both. And I really admire folks who have
the names of every plant in their head and know where every plant is in
their garden, without needing plant markers. I do most of the time, but
occasionally, they do elude me.

There's always a person or two who want to see my rear garden during my
plant sale or around the time of the sale. It's an embarassment because
it sort of looks like it's been bombed, from plants being dug for the
sale. And my new arrivals are all still in pots waiting for me to get
around to them, which I will after a few days' recuperation from putting
on the sale. I prefer to keep them potted until all my mailorder has
arrived. Shipments from Maine never arrive until May, while some items
come in early April and throughout the month.

Kitty