Spring cleaning nearly done

Well, it is now Tuesday and my aching legs are telling me that the 2 day
marathon session we did in the garden over the weekend has taken its
toll...but to see the beauty of my garden every time I look around makes
every second of pain worth it!!!!!!!! Everything is up and growing well,
the tulips, hyacinths, and daffodils are blooming prettily, as are my
bleeding hearts. Bought 50 bags of mulch on Sunday...now that all the
beds have been weeded and neatened up, that is the task ahead of
me...Also moved things around that weren't growing where I wanted them,
and planted many new plants acquired at a plant sale on Saturday,
including 27 new strawberry plants. Each of my children bought a bunch
of stuff and I helped them to start their own little gardens within my
garden...they are each responsible for their own little areas
now--something they all wanted to do. So, no housework got done, but I
can live with that...the gardens look great and I am happy with my
little piece

of heaven on earth. And BTW, Kitty, thought you'd be interested to know
that every single one of the plants that I overwintered under a deep bed
of leaf mulch in a sheltered corner of my yard...all of them survived
and are happily growing again now. I think that may be thanks most of
all to the extremely mild winter we had here and a great deal of luck!
Hope all of you are enjoying springtime out there where ever you have
the pleasure to be gardening, too! :-)

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com