Re: roses- blooms

Not Kitty, but if you planted them last fall, they had fall and most of the winter to concentrate on their roots(especially since your climate is milder than most of ours). I would not be concerned about them.
Cathy
On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 08:12 PM, Theresa- yahoo wrote:

HI Kitty-
My Sombreuil is growing well and blooming too. We are much different than
you here though, so hope yours comes along soon.
On a related question, what is best thing to do for new roses that bloom
alot. I have several own-root roses that I got last fall that are blooming
like crazy. Should I be snipping the buds off so that more energy goes to
growing roots/plants rather than to flowering?

Thanks,
Theresa

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 9:33 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Chemical shelf life now and runner plants andweather

Donna,
Glad to hear your sale went so well. Mine did well after the rough prep
day. The appraiser called today and asked to look at what I had left and
bought half of it - gave him a deal so I wouldn't have to make 2 trips to
CES with the leftovers for the MG plant sale (small car). But I was so
weak after all that work. Took a nap. Still sort of tired today, but
after I cleaned up the mess and put things back to rights, I spent a little
time planting a few of my newcomers - cyclamen, double bloodroot, and
trillium luteum. Found some more seedlings of European Ginger that had
jumped about 20 feet from the small colony. Actually, they were right
about where I wanted them.

Pam, I bet your roses are lovely. Here they are just leafing out. Some
new ones I received about 3 weeks ago haven't yet started any growth at all
- sort of have me worried - Jude the Obscure and 2 Sombreuils.

Kitty