From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 05:11:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Tropiflora Spring Extravaganza

Probably not, but it won't have any trouble attracting them. Think I'm
Melody wrote:<br><br>> Jim: Does your bull's horn acacia come with the
5/4)<br>><br>> "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
singer < jsinger@igc.org > wrote:<br>> From: james singer [mailto:
jsinger@igc.org]<br>> To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004
18:10:45 -0400<br>> Subject: [CHAT] Tropiflora Spring
Extravaganza<br>><br>> Today was Tropiflora's annual Spring "event."
This year, it was<br>> <br>bigger, more ambitious than ever. Maybe a
dozen huge greenhouses<br>> loaded <br>with bromeliads, orchids, fat
plants, succulents, and just<br>> plain <br>odd-ball stuff at bargain
venders [some of whom are direct competitors to<br>> Tropiflora] with
musicians playing <br>steel drums, and old guys [like moi]
shuttling<br>> customers with their <br>plant purchases back to their
vehicles in golf<br>> carts. At least four <br>tropical fruit growers,
including two from<br>> Florida's east coast, were <br>there. It was a
not humid,<br>> slight breeze. "Now I <br>know why I live here," the
short one said<br>> without prompting. She came <br>home from a week in
we bought was<br>> [NOREEN] an ant <br>plant--a Bull's Horn Acacia
[Acacia sphaerocephala<br>> Chamisso]. Here's a <br>picture and some

    http://www.kil

http://www.excite.com<br>> The most personalized portal on the
Web!<br>><br>>
Florida<br>Zone