Piggyback gardening

Slugger (the new cat) has a tendency to follow me everywhere.  On Sunday I
gardened much of the day, going back and forth so he had to keep up.  That
night he just zonked out.  Tonight I was digging some Lamium and he decided
it would just be easier if he hopped on my back and watched what I was doing
over my shoulder.  This is not the easiest way to garden.

Meanwhile....I must have the world's dumbest voles.  Yes, they ate up
sections of my lawn and set a direct path to the bed with about 100 clumps
of baby hostas.  But the paths go around the hostas.  They didn't touch
them.  All these little hostas are starting to come up now.

Kitty