From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 21:05:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Bulls horn acacia

Ah Daryl - it's a woman after me own heart that ya are! I heard
the<br>little neighbor boy (9) tell one of his friends once (I was
around the<br>corner of the house weeding, they couldn't see me) "Dude,
don't touch<br>her plants man, she'll go OFF!" It was all I could do to
4/6/2004 6:10:56 PM<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT]
something similar happen to me. Sometimes I think I<br>> should put a
"touch it and Die" sign on some of the special plants.<br>> <br>>
when he landscaped one of<br>> > the estates on St. Armand's Key a
couple of years ago, he went to great<br>> > lengths to save a full
grown bulls-horn--pruned it out, limbed it up,<br>> > planted an
understory to call attention to it, and so on. He said the<br>> > last
time he went back to the house, he learned the owner had had her<br>> >
maintenance folks cut it down and haul it away.<br>> <br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com