Re: Bulls horn acacia

The largest one I've seen was about 15 feet, Melody, but I really have no idea. I bought one with a central leader with the notion of limbing it up as it grew, eventually making a small tree [rather than a shrub]. I'm going to plant it in a large terra cotta pot and see how long I can keep it there. I don't know how fast/slow it grows here, either.

On Thursday, April 8, 2004, at 05:05 AM, Melody wrote:

Wow, Jim...that is just a wierd little plant...how big will it eventually get do you suppose?

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

 --- On Tue 04/06, james singer < jsinger@igc.org > wrote:
From: james singer [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:03:16 -0400
Subject: [CHAT] Bulls horn acacia

Here's a link to a picture of my newly acquired bulls-horn acacia
than <br>the photo at the other site did. They look like they ought to
be part <br>of some Chinese ivory
of the architects at work told me that when he landscaped one of <br>the
estates on St. Armand's Key a couple of years ago, he went to great
up, <br>planted an understory to call attention to it, and so on. He
said the <br>last time he went back to the house, he learned the owner
had had her <br>maintenance folks cut it down and haul it
Jim<br>Southwest Florida<br>Zone

http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

http://www.hort.net/funds/