Re: Toadlilies

Not much help here, Kitty. When I moved down here, toad lilies were one of two or three plants in my kit. But they couldn't take the heat and survived only a couple of years. They [and tree peonies] are about the only north-happy plants I miss.

But I would guess that since they spread by underground stems [stoleniferousness?] they will likely survive all sorts of abuse as long as it chills down sufficiently in winter. Most plants of that sort seem to.