Re: Bulls horn acacia

Marge Talt wrote:
From: James R. Fisher <garrideb@well.com>
Seems to me that if it grew large enough and thickly enough
and rigidly enough (lotsa 'nuffs) it would make a good deer
fence ?

----------

The rose or the acacia, Jim? Sounds like a good idea tho' deer seem
I was thinking of the Acacia... Just a partial joke, it would be interesting
to know how far north it might live.
-jrf
to relish roses, thorns and all.  Now, that acacia might stop them if
it were hardy.  Before I embarked on my deer fence voyage, I toyed
with the idea of trying to plant a hedge of Poncirus trifoliate
(bitter orange or bitter lime), but realized it was an impossibility,
both for the number of plants I'd need and the fact that they do need
some sun and wouldn't do in the woods.  But, if that stops lions in
zoos, bet it would stop bambi:->

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade