Re: Bulls horn acacia

Marge Talt wrote:

to relish roses, thorns and all.  Now, that acacia might stop them if
it were hardy.  Before I embarked on my deer fence voyage, I toyed
with the idea of trying to plant a hedge of Poncirus trifoliate
(bitter orange or bitter lime), but realized it was an impossibility,
both for the number of plants I'd need and the fact that they do need
some sun and wouldn't do in the woods.  But, if that stops lions in
zoos, bet it would stop bambi:->
That Poncirus is a mean-looking plant. The best image I could quickly
find was on hortiplex.gardenweb.com and seems to show the plant
growing as an understory plant/in high shade:
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7