Re: Lots of questions...need help re lilies & peonies especially...

Re >     Hows the job going?
Well, I guess it is time to come clean.

I began work at Arbor Farms Mon, Mar 15.  It snowed Tues so we didn't work.
On my 3rd day, Thurs, little Ms. Motormouth picked up a large stack of pots,
went the wrong direction and came directly at me with them.  I took a step
back to get out of her way and went down a long slope.  I managed to stay on
my feet the whole way down but ran out of room and smacked my left shoulder
into the side of the barn.

I finished the day in a fair amount of pain.  I worked Friday, but just
wasn't able to keep up since I couldn't use my left arm.  So March 19th was
my last day.  I had my reasons for not accepting their offer of a workman's
comp claim.  This arm was already in bad shape last fall, including the 2
ruptured neck disks; this incident just aggravated a problem I already had,
but which I had thought was 'fixed'.  It's 3 weeks later and I am able to
use the arm, but I can only lift it just so far and in limited direction.
But it is getting better, though I can't sleep through the night.

I now realize that I'm not going to be able to work in a tree nursery as my
left arm just is not strong.  I also realize I need a job that provides
insurance.  So I'm back on unemployment for awhile and will look for
something to which I am better suited.  Meanwhile, I am enjoying working my
own garden at a slow pace while my arm heals.

Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but you were all so supportive, I sort
of felt like I was letting you down.  The job was fun while it lasted.

There is no need to reply, but if you do, let's confine this topic to just
one day, ok?

Kitty, who IS able to hit the broad side of a barn.