Re: Bulls horn acacia

> From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
> Perhaps so, Jim!  I can't think of a single mammal that would want
to wear
> any of its thorns!  Marge, this may be something you might try in a
limited
> area, given a hardy acacia.
----------

Well, Bonnie, now I have my deer fence, I'm not going to worry about
it, but I did think about using a thorn hedge at one point.   What
stopped me was that to be effective, that hedge would have to be over
6' tall and that takes a while with any plant, plus the number of
plants I'd have needed and the lack of sun in much of the area.

I would think that Jim's bulls horn would stop an elephant if it were
large enough; never seen thorns like that before in my life!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi