Re: Tropiflora, Acacia Bull horn

Sounds like a fun time, Jim!!!   VERY interesting about the Bull Horn Acacia.
Definitely an interesting looking tree too.   Looks very similar to the Texas
native Cat claw Acacia, but don't think that one is an Ant-plant.  Did a bit
of reading and found a site that said that there are some native Florida
species of ants that have been reported to take up residence in the Bull Horn.
Let me know how it does for you, especially in a pot.

Have seen a lot of different Acacias being offered here lately of interest.
Unfortunately I don't have the room for any more.   One interesting one also
was the shoestring Acacia,  Acacia stenophylum.  Unfortunately it gets to be a
big tree.   Haven't seen the Bull Horn Acacia offered though, will have to
check it out.

Sorry just now responding, I'm very behind on all the lists.  Have lots of
catching up to do.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 4/4/2004 11:02:34 PM Central Standard Time,