Re: Daffodil question

Well, Auralie, not being into show quality daffs, I just enjoy mine
in their season and don't give a hoot who they are, really.  Some I
remember and most I do not.  Even mongrels are a treat for winter
weary eyes.  If they grow and bloom, that's all that counts:-)

Like you, when I started this garden, I bought daffs by money, not by
name:-)  Nothing wrong with that IMO.  I actually have a list of
names I bought (somewhere), but I'll be durned if I can tell which is
who anymore except for a very few.  Many are very similar in
appearance and it takes an expert to tell them apart.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :

> From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
> I'm sure that's the answer, Marge.  I guess mine have never
reseeded because
> I don't give them the chance.  My 'Ice Follies' have never spread
anyway.  I
> guess they are not in a good spot, since other varieties have
> mightily.  Maybe I'll try some of them in another spot next year.
>  Unfortunately the ones that have increased most vigorously in my
garden are
> unnamed.  When we moved here in 1970 I bought a special offer mix
from Park's
> - something like 25 for $10.00 - really cheap but not named. In
those days I
> was definitely short of cash, and trying to build a garden.  The
importance of
> names did not occur to me then. Most of them were quite handsome,
and are
> still doing well, but one has spread most vigorously.  It is a
quite large cream
> colored bloom with a small orange cup - very pretty - but now that
I know what