From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:25:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Re: temperatures and hardiness

Pam,<br>I'm sure there's some value in Cathey's heat zones and as you've
related it<br>does help you. I'm in USDA Zone 5 for cold and AHS heat
zone 5, so it<br>doesn't seem to make much of a difference for me.
Still, as Marge pointed<br>out - and more or less as a nod to Cathey -
there simply is more to growing<br>plants than a hardiness zone number.
Cathey took one step, whereas, as<br>Marge points out, there are many
factors to take into account. But at least<br>he made an attempt and it
does help some people.<br><br>And I really wish my Lily of the Valley
----- <br>From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com><br>To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 8:47
PM<br>Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] Re: temperatures and
made me understand why<br>lily-of-the-valley was always dead by
To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>> Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: temperatures and
hardiness<br>><br>> > > From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net><br>> > > > The
AHS heat map is, IMO, completely useless.<br>> > > Marge, do you suppose
that might be why Cathey's $30 book is being<br>> > sold off<br>> > >
it really? Well, it probably only reflects the hard<br>> > realities of
the book industry, but I'd say that was more like what<br>> > it was
mtalt@hort.net<br>> > Editor: Gardening in Shade<br>> >
Battling Bambi<br>> >
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/shade_gardening<br>> >
of Articles by Category and Date<br>> >