Re: newspaper and - or straw

Never had the opportunity, Donna, but if you've worked with them and
they can tell a plant from a weed, then I would not go into panic
mode.  Just need to make sure that if they are in doubt, leave it.
Just consider you have joined the great gardens of the world - all of
whom have many hands doing the work of keeping them great:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi