Re: Rose name

We label all our plants at the Display Gardens using those Zinc markers from
Eon Industries. We put both Botanical and Common name on them and also add a
code letter for type (P, A, HS, etc) and a code number for a source where it
can be purchased.  We buy the regular markers that already have a plate
attached and then add a second, slip on plate below that. We use 1/2 inch
black on white Brother tz laminated tape labels.

After writing to the group, it occurred to me that www.findmyroses.com would
most likely use the most accurate, universal method of naming these roses
and here's what I found:
The original 4ft hybrid tea peace Rose is:  Rosa 'Peace'
The climbing version is: Rosa 'Peace, Climbing'

So our label will read:
Rosa 'Peace Climbing'  HS
Hybrid Tea Climber Rose  23

Re > Just out of curiosity, do you classify all the roses?
I try to make an effort when a genus has been sorted into divisions to
reflect this on the label.  This includes tulips and daffodils.  It's not
always easy.  Tulipa 'White Triumphator' - Lily-flowering Tulip is easy.
However, Tulipa 'White Bouquet' - Single Late Tulip would be confusing to
the person viewing it because even though it is a multi-flowering tulip, it
is in the Single Late Tulip division.  In this case, we might just label it

Thanks for the attempt at naming the rose; this one was a stumper.