Re: newspaper and - or straw

In a message dated 4/12/2004 2:33:36 PM Central Standard Time,
pdickson@sbcglobal.net writes:
I use a lot of newspapers but I am fighting grass.
My lasagna bed stopped nut sedge for about 5 minutes! <LOL> The biggest
problem I had was with the top soil.  It was much too sandy, and is, therefore,
really dry.  The plants there, however, don't seem to mind and are much bigger
than those in the bed next to it.  BTW, we got about 3" of snow this morning,
but the temp never got below freezing, and nothing was hurt.  It's about 55 now.

zem
zone 7
West TN