Re: Money-Makin' Time!

In a message dated 4/14/04 10:23:35 PM, kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

<< Our MGs have plant sales in May and June and Sept and I usually contribute
about 50 pots.  We put a fair amount of work into these and make a
2-3thousand $ profit each time, because most of the product is donated by
MGs and, in Sept, sometimes a few local nurseries.  However, a few years
back a team of 6 of us began the MG nusery and we buy wholesale and grow on.
These items bring in more money than the donated items usually. >>

Our MG plant sale which is always mothers day weekend (Sat & Sun) made over
$11000 last yr.  Our group rents space at a greenhouse and started as a project
to grow plants for our projects, advanced to include sales and increases each
yr.  Defined number of greenhouse hrs are required as an intern in training.
All plants are started by seed or cuttings and lean to the plants that are
not available in the local garden centers.
    Our garden club has a yearly plant sale the same weekend only just on Sat
morning.  We sell plants our members have started by seed and divided
perennials.  We made about $1500 last yr which is given for scholarships to 2nd yr
hort students.
    Ceres