Re: Money-Makin' Time!

Our MG plant sales adhere strictly to the posted hours.  Folks can get in
line, but they can't get into the sales area.  If rain is expected the sale
is held indoors; the only room available is too small for this, but we make
do.  Most of the time it is outside in a roped-off area.  I don't know of
anyone who has tried to cut ahead in line to pay, but I doubt it would go
over too well.  The local conservatory holds a plant sale in May at the
Lawton Park Greenhouse which sounds to be more on the scale of Donna's and
Ceres' big sales.  I've never been to it as I've heard it's a madhouse.  I'm
not fond of such situations.

As to my own sale.  Yes, people show up early.  Since I start set up at
5:30, I'm usually ok with a few shoppers at 7:30 rather than the 8:00 start
time, but these folks don't usually get much of a smile and at times I've
told them "Correct change or come back at 8", when they try to get $6 worth
of plants and hand me a $50.  The early ones I REALLY have trouble with are
those who come the day or even 2 days ahead.  They either want a crack at
the best stuff or say they can't make it on Saturday.  Nothing is labeled or
priced, and I'm already in a tizzy of getting ready.  I don't have time to
chat.

A special few early buyers are welcome.  My niece is buying a house and will
move in next month.  I told her not to wait until Saturday, to come over
before and pick what she wants.

Kitty