Re: New plants

Don't know, but my guess would be that the fat [in fat plant] in this case is shaped like an onion. Many of them are. Left, no idea, unless they misspelled "lift." I didn't check to see where the site was located.

On Thursday, April 15, 2004, at 06:15 PM, Kitty wrote:

Jim,
Why is the thickness referred to as the onion and the height referred to as
the left?
"The onion grows to 5 centimetres the left to 20 centimetres."

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: [CHAT] New plants

Here's a link to one of the new plants, Noreen. I must have misspelled
it the first time I searched.

http://www.bihrmann.com/caudiciforms/subs/dri-mac-sub.asp

The other plant, which is actually more interesting--large, partly
submerged caudiciform just now breaking some unknown sort of dormancy.
The name on the label is Gucrosia bicolor. This particular plant is
still too small to take an informative picture of, but as soon as it
grows a bit, I'll give it a try.

Maybe I ought to check out the fat plant list on Yahoo. Not,
especially, for this plant; just in general.

Island Jim Southwest Florida Zone 10

http://www.hort.net/funds/

Island Jim
Southwest Florida