RE: Great day... I guess

Wendy and I went to the Centerville Perennial Swap and Wetlands seminar
Saturday.  I took 38 plants to trade.  (I only had a couple hours Friday
night and 3 hours Saturday a.m. to get everything dug, potted, watered and
tags made or there would have been a good deal more to take.  The rue has
spread and the 'White Swan" coneflower has "multiplied with abandon."

We sat in the center of the audience to get a good view and be able to hear
the speaker well.  Wouldn't you know that some folks positioned themselves
by the door to get out first to pick their plants?  They passed out tickets
to the number of plants an individual brought, but they didn't bother to
have folks turn in their tickets when "swapped" another plant for one they
brought.  Wendy and I left with far few plants than we brought.  Of such is
life.  (I could have gotten a few more, but I already had some of every
thing that was left when I got out there.  The "good stuff" had already been
picked over.   I did pick up some low growing buttercups (no botanical name
given) that a co-worker had been hunting for.  She'll be so surprised
tomorrow a.m. :>D  I had so hoped to pick up a "Virginia bluebell" that
someone brought in.  One can't have it all though.

BTW, the organizer said with my organization of materials, they had found
someone to do the next plant swap.  (Wendy was helping me put the tags on
the pots while we unloaded everything at the last minute.  I'm not sure that
qualifies for being organized.)  Then they learned I don't live in the city
but in the township.  There was talk about annexing our property....  LOL!!!
No thanks!  I don't want to pay city taxes!

It was still fun.  I especially enjoyed getting together with Wendy again!

Today was spent trying to get some of the plants into the ground and
clearing ground to put more of them in hopefully tomorrow morning or late
evening.  (My new hours stink.)  There were a lot of dandelions to be yanked
and some poison ivy to be removed as well as starts of honeysuckle
EVERYWHERE.  I have to use pliers to get a grip good enough to yank them out
of the ground.  UGH!  Marge, the plants you sent me a couple years ago have
really taken off this spring!  They are beautiful in their spring color!
And they've even been kind enough to spread right were I wanted them to go.
:>)  Oh!  And the old rose (Mom used to call it 7 sisters) we carted here
from mother's house has finally leafed out a little.  I was so afraid I'd
lost it!

I'm glad others also had successful days!

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)