It poured several times today and we really needed it.  And boy did it make
things pop!  I took a roll of pictures and then went back out to check a few
more things and there was my Glaucidium in full bloom!  It wasn't doing that
this morning!  My jaw just dropped.  I wanted to share it with you so I went
back in for my digital, so here's a few pics;

Glaucidium is a member of the Peony family and A-Z says zones 6-9, but this
is beginning, I believe, its 3rd year here in Zone 5.  And it came from
Seneca Hill which I think is Zone 4. (so Jim, maybe we can stretch it the
other way, too, to zone 10)  It had one bloom last year which was pretty but
nothing to shout about, but this year it is breathtaking.  I'm really
thrilled.  And the Deinanthe (a member of the Hyacinth family) coming up
next to it, which I got at the same time as the Glaucidium, is also looking
very strong.  Simply wow!