From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 9:06 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] Glaucidium

It poured several times today and we really needed it.  And boy did it
make things pop!  I took a roll of pictures and then went back out to
check a few more things and there was my Glaucidium in full bloom!  It
wasn't doing that this morning!  My jaw just dropped.  I wanted to share
it with you so I went back in for my digital, so here's a few pics;
http://snipurl.com/5vai

Glaucidium is a member of the Peony family and A-Z says zones 6-9, but
this is beginning, I believe, its 3rd year here in Zone 5.  And it came
from Seneca Hill which I think is Zone 4. (so Jim, maybe we can stretch
it the other way, too, to zone 10)  It had one bloom last year which was
pretty but nothing to shout about, but this year it is breathtaking.
I'm really thrilled.  And the Deinanthe (a member of the Hyacinth
family) coming up next to it, which I got at the same time as the
Glaucidium, is also looking very strong.  Simply wow!

Kitty

http://www.hort.net/funds/